Tuesday, March 11, 2014

No ' I ' in Can't & No Can't in ' I '



Yep, the title and picture are right! 

There is no 'I' in can't....and no can't in 'I'.

Of course you can see that when you spell it. 

For me, I do not use or like that word...and feel offended when someone does use it or applies it to me. Actually, it does not even register in my vocabulary...

I love when Edna, my stepdaughter, comes to me and says... 

"I can't do this, or I can't do that.."

I just kinda look at her and say, 

"what did you say? I do not understand that". 

She knows by now to not use that word 'can't' in our house or with me.

I guess that forbidden word
(I will not say it any more, I have already said it too much in this blog)
suggests to me that you already have a notion in your head that you are not able to do something. If you haven't done it yet....how do you know if you can or cannot do it? It is like you have already given up the battle by saying that forbidden word!!

Instead, why not say 'I CAN'. There is power in thinking that you CAN do something. We CAN do anything we put our minds to. The only person stopping us is OURSELF.

So, the next time you hear someone say that forbidden word...

Let them know that there is no 'I' in can't !!




No comments:

Post a Comment