Friday, February 28, 2014

Morning Good or the Bad ??

Morning!

So had some serious thinking this morning.

(not to say I do not think every other morning...but you get the idea)

First thing getting my day started...I had something bad happen...then, not 5 minutes after it, I had something good happen. Which all led me to the serious thinking!!

Everyday, we have things happen to us. Yes, sometimes the things that happen are all good. And sometimes the things that happen are all bad. But on average, you get a blend of both throughout the day. What really seems to stick with you though...is which one you focus on!

Now...I could have focused on the bad thing that happened. I could have let it override and be in my thoughts all day. And believe me...sometimes it just feel good to dwell on being pissy. If you go that route, you start focusing on all that is wrong and you see bad things just about everywhere!! Well, to me, that just isn't any fun...and kinda depressing. As I said in earlier blog (No more Negative Spew) focusing on the bad, or as i like to call it - the negative, just leads to more of the same!!

So...

I choose to focus on the good something that happened. Not only does it lead me to more good thinking, but it puts me in a happy mood as well! So since I am having 'good thinking', it becomes contagious and helps others I come into contact with have 'good thinking' as well!

(I have to pause here and give some consideration to all my english teachers...I do know proper grammar...sometimes, lol)

The bad and the good that happened this morning really weren't that big of a issue...and I am probably expanding this out of proportion to make a point...but it is making a point, lol.

If ya think of it all like a circle...what you think or feel is what you get. So...if you know you are going to get something...wouldn't you want it to be good?  Makes me think of the saying "What goes around, comes around."


2 comments:

  1. Awesome words Travis. Positive thoughts result in positive life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the crazy thing is....it IS that simple. Just takes us so long to figure that out

    ReplyDelete